How to Get 9 Meals from Two Whole Chickens

We are a chicken kind-of-family all.the.way. Maybe it’s because chicken is one of the cheapest meats, or maybe it’s because we just genuinely like it. We eat it about 60% of the time – the other 40% of the time we eat beans and eggs and small amounts of pork, beef, and fish. We eat… Keep reading →

5 Reasons You Hate Meal Planning (with solutions)

When you want to save some money on groceries, meal planning is the place to start. Not everyone, though, enjoys this household task. Why? Because they have certain preconceived thoughts telling them that it would be a waste to even try. Are you one of these people? Do you have several reasons why you hate… Keep reading →

7 Ways to Save on Bread

Bread is a top 10 staple in this house. I didn’t grow up eating a lot of bread, but my husband ate it at nearly every meal as a child, so he still must.have.his.bread! When I make pasta and we don’t have bread in the house, my husband cannot enjoy it as much. It’s that important… Keep reading →

A Plan to Make Healthy Cold Lunches for the Hubby

My husband is on-the-go most of the day, so he needs cold lunches that can be eaten without microwaving. I’ve been terrible at getting lunches ready for him lately so I wanted to put together a long list of lunches as reference. When he doesn’t have a lunch, he does one of the following: a) doesn’t eat… Keep reading →

Don’t Stick to Your Shopping List! (If You Want to Save More Money on Groceries)

When you start grocery shopping with a list, and you stick to that list, you can save so much money. But sometimes sticking to your list will hurt your grocery budget rather than help it. You must be flexible most shopping trips or you could end up spending much, much more. For years, I would… Keep reading →

Save Money with Fridge and Freezer Inventory Sheets

I despise wasting food. Sure, I’ve done it a million and one times, but every time I have to do it I cringe. I think, How come we couldn’t have eaten this or used this before it went moldy/rancid/curdled? I know I’m not alone. Most American families throw away as much as 25% of the… Keep reading →

Oatmeal Options for Toddlers

–Read Part 1– Breakfast time has quickly become much less stressful and way more delicious! As I mentioned last week, I used to feed my daughters oatmeal with mashed banana nearly every morning, but I got tired of the monotony, and I’m sure they did too. Now they are eating crepes with fresh fruit and… Keep reading →

Foods to Introduce at 13 Months

If you’re new here, this post is a continuation of the feeding schedule I have been doing for my daughter since she was 6 months old and started solids. You can find all my homemade baby food posts right here. © Alexander Oshvintsev / Dollar Photo Club I’m not gonna lie, this month was pretty crappy… Keep reading →

A Plan to Give My Family Better Breakfasts

As someone who grew up eating cereal and milk for breakfast every morning, I still cannot believe that after more than a year I haven’t gone back. I swore off breakfast cereal in December 2013 while I was pregnant with my second daughter. There were several reasons, such as not enough calories and nutrition. Ok,… Keep reading →

7 Healthy Foods to Introduce at 12 Months

This post is a continuation of the Solids Feeding Schedules I wrote up until my daughter, Bella, was a year old. Now she is a budding 13 month old and is moving up in the world of food. That doesn’t mean, though, that I give her only table food and let her figure out food… Keep reading →