Wouldn’t it be great if our husbands actually sought out a suitable gift for us weeks ahead of Christmas, and never again on Christmas Eve? I think I speak for many, many women when I say, We’ve had enough!
If only our dear husbands could be so thoughtful. Yes, they might have to ponder for a few minutes about what it is that we blab on and on about, but that’s love, baby. I beg of you, dear mamas, peruse the gift guide below, and if something catches your eye, send your lovely husband this way. He could stand to think about your needs this year, dontcha think?
I’m all about keeping clutter out of our homes to begin with, so most of the gifts in this guide are clutter-free. Yippee!
Oh, hey, there, husband of the amazing, hard-working mama who sent you this way!
I hear you are stumped about what to give your love this year. She wears many, many hats, so consider giving her something that can make one of her roles just a tad easier.
What’s that you say? You have zero idea what she really, truly wants?
Start with her complaints. What does your wife complain about regularly? If she often voices that making dinner is a big fat joke and she can never make healthy meals, I’d start by looking under “Dinner Help” in the gift guide below.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links (I’ve put a * by any link that is an affiliate link). If you click on one of these links and you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from your purchase. Thank you for supporting Humble in a Heartbeat!
The Ultimate Gift Guide for Practical Moms
Choose carefully! If you do, the gift you choose can bless her 100 times over.
Making dinner can be such a difficult task for any mom to complete. Moms of babies and toddlers often have to keep a close eye on their children while they cook, and moms of teens have to figure out how they will actually get dinner on the table on time with all the running around they do. If you believe your wife needs help in this department, here are some amazing gift ideas that you can run with. Hopefully you’ll be able to ease your sweetheart’s mind and make her life a bit easier at this rough time of the day!
- Meal Planning Service – I’ve only ever tried eMeals, but there are many more available.
- Instant Pot* or a slow cooker* – The Instant Pot (a pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, yogurt maker and more) can be used in place of a slow cooker, but I think it’s nice to have both.
- Time to Make Freezer Meals – All you have to do is get a card, and write in the card that you will watch the kids 1 to 2 days each month so she can make freezer meals.
- A Cookbook – I personally like Our Best Bites* or the cookbook from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe. Don’t get her a cookbook, though, if she already has a bunch that she never uses!
- A Food Delivery Service – Basically, she doesn’t have to shop or prep anything. She just cooks what is delivered to your front door. I’ve never tried anything like this before, but I’ve heard that Hello Fresh and Blue Apron are amazing.
- High-Quality Knives* and Cutting Boards* – If she can chop quickly, she won’t spend all day cooking when she could be
relaxingspending time with the kids.
- Blender* or Immersion Blender* – Or just get both, they’re both super useful.
- Gift Cards to Restaurants – I’d start with 12 (one for each month). Restaurant gift cards are great for those busy nights when she doesn’t want to cook or move a finger. You can save money by getting the gift cards through Raise.com.
- A Chest Freezer – If she likes freezer cooking, but you only have a freezer attached to your fridge, it probably won’t work out too well. Get her a chest freezer, and she’ll be in heaven.
Is your wife a little on the messy side? If you’ve ever heard her say that she’s tired of the mess, these are some great gifts for her.
© Elena Sergeevskaya, akademik33, interiorphoto – stock.adobe.com
- Car Wash Gift Cards – With the promise that you will wash the car and clean inside when it needs to be done!
- Hire a Housekeeper – She’ll probably start kissing your feet if you give her this! (read THIS first if you think you’ll be hiring one)
- Laundry Room Remodel – A beautiful room to do laundry in? Shell never want to leave!
An organized mom is a happy mom. At least that’s what I think!
- A Planner* or a Bullet Journal – There are lots to choose from. If you don’t know which one to get, maybe just give her a card that says she can choose whatever planner or bullet journal she’d like 🙂
- A Wall Calendar* – Same here. She’ll probably want to choose her own.
- Makeup/Jewelry Organizer* – Hey, if she can actually find her makeup, she might just put it on more often. 😉
- Shoe Organizer* – No, this won’t encourage her to buy more shoes. Instead, she’ll actually be able to find and wear the shoes she does own more often, and she won’t have to buy new ones all the time. 😉
- A New Dresser or a Bed with Storage*
Your gal loves her family, but you know what? It is so nice to get away every so often! How about giving her the gift of TLC?
© V&P Photo Studio, Elenathewise, Syda Productions – stock.adobe.com
- Spa Gift Cards (or a Day at the Spa) – A relaxing day away from the demands of day-to-day life? She might just cry.
- A Hotel Stay (in town or out of town) – This is a great gift for a mom who owns her own business. She’ll have lots of time to plan and think for the months ahead.
- Event or Concert with Friends – Give her a girl’s night and she’ll be rejuvenated to deal with her busy life again.
As a mom to three, I can tell you that it’s difficult to be fashionable, beautiful, thin, and all that other stuff wives are “supposed” to be. We often put ourselves last and lots of time passes before we realize we need help. But if your wife has mentioned that she needs new clothes, or would like to get fit or lose weight, or even get a makeover, these gifts will be heaven sent for her!
- Stitch Fix – An easier way to shop for clothes online. THIS review goes into great detail.
- A Fit Bit* – Great for your wife if she wants to be more healthy.
- Gym Membership or Workout DVDs* – Promise her you’ll workout alongside her! If you have kids, make sure you find a gym with child care.
- Birchbox – Such a great gift for your wife if she’s a bit clueless on the makeup front (make sure she wants to be more fashion forward with her makeup first!)
- Dressing Your Truth Course – If your wife hates her wardrobe, this might just be the solution. Read more about it HERE.
What woman doesn’t want to stretch a dollar? These are perfect gifts for your wife if she does the budget or most of the shopping!
- Budget Software – Does she handle the finances? YNAB has a 34-day free trial!
- Cash Envelopes – If your wife likes to use cash for groceries, gas, and other household expenses, she will greatly appreciate cash envelopes that are cute (and durable!).
- Amazon Prime Membership – No more shipping fees, and you can find just about everything you need on Amazon! Try Amazon Prime Free for 30-Days*!
Surely your wife loves planning date night, but I bet she’d love it even more if you took the initiative and showed her you care about date night just as much. These gift ideas make it easy on both of you to take time away from your busy lives and remember why you love each other so.
- Pre-Planned Date Nights – Maybe she complains that she always has to plan the dates? You do the pre-planning and gift it to her! Get the downlow on something like this over HERE.
- A Date Night Subscription Service – Unbox Love or Crated with Love both look like fun date night boxes to receive on a monthly basis – no planning required. 🙂
- A Bouquet of Flowers – TheBouqs.com can deliver your sweetie a new bouquet of flowers each month. Maybe your wife really just needs to know you are thinking of her and that will help her get through each crazy busy month. 🙂
And that’s a wrap.
I’ve given you more than 30 ideas! Hopefully you’ll choose a gift that will make your wife one happy mama!
Sign up to receive emails!
As a subscriber to the newsletter you will get access to exclusive freebies and printables. And you'll get a peek into my current life. 🙂